WYLD Library Upgrades Information
January 4, 2015 - Symphony 3.4.1, Patch Cluster 5
This upgrade will require an update to the Workflows software on library staff workstations. This upgrade does not effect access to GoWYLD, WYLDCAT, VDX or Director's Station.
This patch cluster primarily contains bug fixes and prepares Symphony for the use of BlueCloud Cataloging and Analytics in 2015.
- Email checkout receipt additional options for alerting staff when an email address is not present
- Ability to remove patron address from notice output (remote options)
July 24, 2014 - Enterprise 4.3 GA6
The Enterprise Discovery Catalog will be upgraded to version 4.3 GA6 on July 24th, 2014 after 1am and before 6am Mountain Time.
During the upgrade the Enterprise Catalog and Wyoming Places will not be available for a period of 2 - 4 hours. Access to eLibrary, Workflows, GoWYLD, and other State Library websites will not be affected.
- Searches can be configured to include local library holdings as well as those in the digital catalog (eResource Central) at the same time.
* users will not have to change their search to 'everything' or switch to the 'digital catalog' to include results from eRC. This is configurable library by library.
- Users will be able to see the status of their digital checkouts in the 'My Account' screens (depending on the level of vendor integration with eRC)
- Users will be able to cancel holds on eresources (ebooks and audiobooks) from supported vendors
- Users will be able to return digital checkouts early from supported vendors
- ** integration is supported for 3M Cloud and OverDrive for the above features, but will not be available for OneClick Digital until 3rd Quarter, 2014. Zinio and Freading digital content is not included.
July 13, 2014 - Symphony 3.4.1, Patch Cluster 4
The WYLD system will be upgraded to Symphony 3.4.1, Patch Cluster 4 on July 13th, 2014. This upgrade will require an update to the Workflows software on library staff workstations. This upgrade does not effect access to GoWYLD, WYLDCAT, VDX or Director's Station.
This version of Symphony is currently installed on the test server and can be accessed by changing the IP address at login to 188.8.131.52
Top features in this patch cluster:
- Date Modified added to call number and item records
- Note field added to bill record
- User categories 6 - 12
- E-mail checkouts receipts in Checkout wizard
The version of Enterprise will be upgraded to 4.3 GA5 on June 20th, 2014 at 1am and will take no more than 4 hours.
Top features in this upgrade:
- The patron will now be able to opt in/out to recording their checkout history
- The patron will be able to opt in/out of showing their checout history in My Account
- Patrons will be allowed to place item level holds
- Item details available from My Account Current Checkouts page (bug fix)
Please contact the WYLD Support Team with any questions you may have regarding your planning for the upgrade or post-upgrade issues.
Past Upgrades: June 2013 (3.4.1, Patch Cluster 3)© Wyoming State Library - May 2013