WYLD TECHNOTE 108: Creating a Missing items report.
Use the "List Items" report in the Bibliographic group
- Click "Setup and Schedule"
- Click "Selection criteria"
- Under the "Item selection" box click the gadget next to the "Current Location" data well and select "MISSING"
- The report already defaults to your library under the "Copy selection", so, for the most part this should be all you need
- If you want to limit the returned list by date the item was added to the collection, say items over 5 years old do this
- Click on the gadget next to the "Date created" data well
- Click on the "Date depends on the report run date" gadget in the upper left corner
- Click on "since the begining of the system", then click Next
- Click on the "Before" button and select the "months before" radio button, then enter the number of months old the items created date should be
- Click "OK", then "Ok" again
- The default sort option is set "Title/author", you may select either "flexkey" or "Call number"
- The output options are set for simple "title,author" (100,245) bib data and the Barcode for copy information
- You will probably want to run this on a monthly basis. Contact Marc at the WYLD office should you need instructions on how to accomplish this