WYLD TECHNOTE 100: Creating an ONTHEFLY report
As of January 1, 2010 the properties for the "Add Brief Title" helper use the ONTHEFLY format. To create a report that will find your ONTHEFLY materials use the "List Bibliography" report under the "Bibliographic" group of reports:
- Click "Schedule"
- Click "Selection criteria"
- Under the "Title selection" box click the gadget next to the "Format" data well and select "ONTHEFLY"
- Under the "Item selection" box click the gaget next to the "Item type" data well and select "ONTHEFLY", however, if your library was not careful in selecting ONTHEFLY as an item type consider leaving this field blank
- The report already defaults to your library under the "Copy selection", so, for the most part this should be all you need
- The default sort option is set "Title/author", you may select either "flexkey" or "Call number"
- The output options are set for simple "title,author" (100,245) bib data and the Barcode for copy information
- You will probably want to run this on a monthly basis. Contact Marc at the WYLD office should you need instructions on how to accomplish this