back to Regional Council Page
WYLD REGIONAL COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
Meeting – January 29, 2008
10:00 a.m. – phone conference
In attendance – Regional Council:
Mary Jayne Jordan
Ana Cuprill, Sublette County Library – Region 1 rep
Carmela Conning, Park County Library – Region 2 rep
Jill Mackey, Crook County Library – Region 3 rep
Karen Hopkins, Converse County Library – Region 4 rep
Meghan Kelly, Laramie County Community College – Region 5 rep
Marilyn Heiner-Region 6 rep
Others in attendance:
Marilyn Heiner, Star Valley Branch Library – Region 6 rep
- Welcome and roll call of participants – Jill Mackey volunteered to record the meeting.
- Approval of agenda
- Brian Greene was not able to attend, so items V and VI will not be covered.
- Ana moved to approve agenda with deletion of V and VI, Meghan seconded, approved.
- Approval of minutes
- The minutes of theDecember 18, 2007 phone conference were available for review at http://will.state.wy.us/wyld/network/rcouncil/0712min.html
- Ana made a motion to approve the minutes as they stand, Carmela seconded, approved.
- Region reports
- Region 1 – Ana reported there is nothing new; she said she needed to contact the folks in Fremont County to see if there was anything needed there.
- Region 2 – Carmela reported that they are planning a March training in Big Horn County. It will probably be a webinar on Java Client. She reiterated that Region 2 feels that face-to-face meetings within the region are important. She had two issues regarding the system: 1. The “Renew” wizard in Sirsi – it’s hard to tell which library and 2. She had heard new cataloging rules were coming down and wondered where they were coming from and who should be addressing concerns, etc.
- Region 3 – Jill reported that there is a meeting/training scheduled for February 29 in Sundance – there will be sessions on Director’s Station, Java Client workflows, and the Chilton’s database.
- Region 4 – Karen reported that they hope to meet in February, weather permitting. Issues to be discussed include database cleanup, getting reacquainted, face-to-face meetings, and “where to go from here.”
- Region 5 – Megan reported that they are considering a meeting sometime around Legislative Reception. Issues to be addressed are database guidelines and skills checklists.
- Region 6 – There was no member present, no report was given.
- Other business:
- Regional Council members have been invited to sit in on the WYLD Training Committee meeting via YUGMA on Thursday, to see how YUGMA works. Information on how to access the meeting will be emailed by Susan Simpson. Mary Jayne informed us that a plug-in needed to be downloaded first and that wireless connections should NOT be used.
- Mary Jayne asked if we had used the calendar on the WYLD website. She said it is very easy to add items to the calendar and asked us to post our Region meetings. She will email the calendar address to ensure everyone knows where to find it.
- Meghan asked if we needed to disperse the information presented by Marci Mock at the last meeting – Marci has not emailed the information to us, but it is posted online – Mary Jayne said since it is posted to go ahead and send it out to our Region members.
- Next Regional Council meeting:
- The next meeting will be via phone conference on Tuesday, March 11 at 10:00 a.m.
Meghan moved to adjourn, Karen seconded, approved..