adhoc WYLD patron database management committee
This committee completed its work and disbanded.
Chair - Marci Mock - firstname.lastname@example.org
Peg Parkison - Sheridan College
Ann Marie Ross - email@example.com
Richard Ward - firstname.lastname@example.org
Kashawna White - email@example.com
WSL Liaison - Desiree Saunders - firstname.lastname@example.org
WSL Liaison - Marc Stratton - email@example.com
The adhoc Patron Database Management Committee was charged with:
- Reviewing the WYLD CARD policy and making appropriate recommendations to the WYLD Governing Board and WYLD Regional Council.
- Identifying patron database management issues or processes that may affect the WYLD network as a whole or member libraries. Some examples of issues may include:
- Should there be a standard guideline set for purging patron records? Why ? If so, what should those standards be?
- Patron loads - what guidelines are needed so that records overlay correctly, etc. (this is an issue for academic and school sites who may want to do such loads)
- How do "universal cards" on campuses interface with the WYLD/SIRSI system -- (primarily another academic/school issue)
- Authentication for the statewide licensed databases are currently based on having a library card in the WYLD System, what issues need to be identified in relation to this.
- Patron photos in user records. The current SIRSI system supports a patron photo as part of the user record, how should this be handled by the local library and by the WYLD Office
- Other issues ... (e.g., were there difficulties in migrating the patron data that could have been remedied in some manner with standard guidelines, etc.)
- Recommending procedures or guidelines for managing patron records in the WYLD Network consortia environment to the WYLD Regional Council.
- To identify barriers to true statewide borrowing and recommend ways to eliminate/overcome these.