SKILLS: WYLDCAT Skills Checklist
- Know how to perform a search.
- Understand the difference between keyword and browse searches (see WYLDCAT Search Tips).
- Know how to utilize the advanced search options.
- Be familiar with the options such as Kids Search available on the root bar.
- Be able to navigate using the tool bar.
- Be able to determine the location and status of an item.
- Know how to retrieve more information about the item using the 'More content' and 'catalog record' features.
- Know how to link to enriched content features such as author biographies, summaries, reviews, etc.
- Know how to use search options links to find similar items, more by the same author, or browse nearby items on the shelf.
- Know how to use the 'My List' function to mark records for emailing or printing.
- Know how to place a hold on an item.
- Know how to review account information and renew materials.
- Be familiar with other functions in 'My Account' such as 'Request my PIN', 'Change my PIN', and 'Change my Address.'
- Be familiar with enriched content such as best sellers and recommended reading.
- Know how to access context sensitive online help available in WYLDCAT.
- Know when to contact the WYLD Office when other helps don't help.
- Be able to create searches using Boolean operators (see WYLDCAT Search Tips).
- Know when to use an exact phrase search (see WYLDCAT Search Tips).
- Know how to use the Journal Linker service to find full text availability for journals.
- Know how to find print journal availability using the Wyoming Union List of Periodicals http://will.state.wy.us/wulp/.
- Know how to use the SirsiDynix customer resources via the SD Support Center. Email Brian Greene, WYLD Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org for access.
**Presumes knowledge of General Skills
acquisitions | cataloging | circulation | Director's Station | interlibrary loans | online resources (databases)
reports | reserves | searching Workflows (Technote 17) | serials | WYLDCAT (e-Library)