SKILLS: Director's Station Skills Checklist
- Know the General Skills and be signed up for the appropriate distribution list (http://will.state.wy.us/wyld/email.lists.cfm).
- Log in procedures for Directors Station (username/password) (http://ds.lib.wy.us/)
- Navigate the Dashboard
- Navigate with the Fly-Out/Popout Menu Bar
- Use SwiftHelp Tutorials and the Multimedia Training Films
- Know how to create a report
- Know how to use dimensions to limit your report
- Know how to save your report
- Know how to access context sensitive online helps.
- Know when to contact the WYLD Office when other helps don't help.
- Know how to create a chart
- Know how to export a report into Microsoft Excel
- Know how to use the Calculator
- Know how to sort column by ascending or descending values
- Know how to utilize SwiftView to share your report or chart
- Know how to create automatic alerts
- Know how to use the SirsiDynix customer resources via the SD Support Center. Email Brian Greene, WYLD Program Manager at email@example.com for access.
- Understand and manage reports using Reports Skills Checklist (http://will.state.wy.us/wyld/network/committees/training/reports.html).
Recommended Director's Station Reports
- Item Counts by Location
- Item Counts Added Monthly by Location
- Daily Circulation Statistics
- Circulation limited by Hour and Day
- Patron Counts (Current and Inactive)
- Hold Counts (Current and Ancient)
- Bill Counts (Current and Ancient)
- Monthly Circulation Statistics (including Monthly added Items and Patrons)
- Yearly Circulation Statistics
- Dusty Book Counts
- Prediction As Late (Issuelate) Report
- Serial Claim Notices (Serclaimntc) Report
- List of Your Library's Serial Control Records (Serctlist) Report
acquisitions | cataloging | circulation | Director's Station | Enterprise Catalog | interlibrary loans | online resources (databases)
reports | reserves | searching Workflows (Technote 17) | serials