TRAINING COMMITTEE REPORT
WYLD ANNUAL MEETING REPORT
These were the committee's goals for 2011:
- Complete updating checklists for the Java client--completed
- Continue implementing training components of the 2009 Strategic Plan—one training at 2010 WLA
- (Carried over from 2009 and 2010) Using the Wyoming Workforce Survey to implement a training plan that would include:
- Subject areas
- Training materials
- Calendar -No progress
- Consider a mentoring program particularly since so many survey respondents go to a co-worker for help — no progress.
The committee did take these actions:
- Test drove a SD learning management system
- Surveyed participants about the 2010 Annual meeting and discussed response
- Discussed and delegated to the WYLD Office on-site training which is included in the WYLD budget for FY11-12.
- Discussed and surveyed new directors to see if there was a need for WYLD training. Results were inconclusive.
- Began work on a WYLD glossary for the use of new employees, newly promoted employees, board members, and people wishing to increase their knowledge of the system.
Goals for next year:
- "Finish" and publish glossary
- Continue with on-site training efforts
- Continue with 3. and 4. above
Thanks to everyone who helped us this year.
Chair (& Region V) - Susan Simpson (2012)
Region I - Sukey Hohl (2012)
Region II - Edie Phillips (2011)
Region III - Sara Kuhbacher (2011)
Region IV - Deb Sturman (2012)
Region VI - Leslie Carlson (2013)
WSL Liaison - Brian Greene