|ILS Users - Online Quality Committee|
Chair - Cara Nett (2017) - email@example.com
Region 1 - Susan Centrella (2019) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Region 2 - Edie Phillips (2018) - email@example.com
Region 3 - Ellin Stiteler (2017) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Region 4 - Betsy O'Neil (2019) - email@example.com
Region 5 - Cara Nett (2017) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Region 6 - Suzi Worthen (2019) - email@example.com
UW Liaison - Cynthia Hughes - firstname.lastname@example.org
WSL Liaison - Bobbi Thorpe - email@example.com
About this Committee:
ONLINE QUALITY COMMITTEE: Monitors database quality and recommends appropriate action to the Governing Board.
Composition: In addition to representatives defined in Paragraph O. above, a mix of public and technical services staff from each of the WYLD regions (see addendum) is encouraged. The ILS Support Team Database Manager of WSL is a permanent committee member. Ex officio non-voting members may include a second ILS Support Team of WSL staff member and a liaison from the University of Wyoming (UW) libraries. The President will use her/his best judgment in appointments.
Bylaws § I.0. - June 2015
Database Guidelines: Section 1.2.2
The WYLD Online Quality Committee has the obligation to:
- Monitor database quality and recommend appropriate action to the Regional Council and/or the WYLD Governing Board.
- Assist the WYLD Office staff in setting standards to maintain the integrity of the union bibliographic database.
- Review the WYLD Database Guidelines annually. It is the recommendation of the OQC that Database Guidelines remain broad. Issues specific to the software vendor are addressed in technotes.
- Review locations, item types, item categories, and other relevant issues annually or in conjunction with a major software upgrade. Libraries should use the Request New Location/Item Type/Item Category form found on the OQC webpage.
- Review individual requests which have been submitted to the Committee via the request form found on the OQC webpage.
- Support the WYLD Office staff in conducting training sessions for WYLD member libraries' staff in cataloging in the union database environment.
- Poll members, solicit comments, and represent their interests on the committee