online quality homepage
| network members homepage
Online Quality Committee
Wednesday, May 7th, 2008, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Call to Order
- Roll call
- Present - Kristy Hardtke, Nancy Jennings, Susan Stanton, Stephen Sarazin, Martha Hanscom, Bobbi Thorpe
- Absent – Kay Carlson, Cindy Moore, Des Saunders, Libby Harlin (recorder)
- In the absence of Libby Harlin, Susan Stanton agreed to take minutes
- Changes or additions to the agenda, approve agenda and minutes from last meeting, March 5th, 2008
- No changes or additions to the minutes or agenda, both approved unanimously.
- Discuss responses from committee members who contacted libraries having more than 60 items on serial records
- Stephen: the only library that had that problem in his region was Albany County, and they were dealing with staff internally trying to get that done.
- Kristi: hadn’t contacted anyone. Bobbi said there was no problem in her region
- Susan: to her knowledge Natrona County was the only library in Region IV with a few outstanding 60-plus records and she promised to take care of it.
- Beth: discussion will be carried over into the fall
- Bobbi: if anyone had forgotten which records were a problem, another quarterly report will be sent to libraries in June with those titles.
- Annual report review
- Stephen – suggested adding a mention of the authorities update project, which was delayed from Memorial Day to this summer.
- Bobbi - the WSL plans on doing it later this summer; the company it is subcontracting with currently has a backlog of work. Since a long weekend is needed, she guessed it would probably be done either around the July 4 weekend or Labor Day weekend.
- Beth – will revise the report and send it via e-mail to committee members next week.
- Announcements & Comments
- Kristi gave her correct e-mail address, Kristi@cwc.edu, for committee communications.
- Schedule next meeting
- Beth noted that after next Wednesday she will be off for the rest of the summer. She said the next meeting would be in September, the date to be determined via e-mail