online quality homepage
| network members homepage
Online Quality Committee
Wednesday, November 28th, 2007, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Call to Order
- Roll call
- Present – Beth Floyd, Kristy Hardtke, Kay Carlson, Nancy Jennings, Susan
Stanton, Stephen Sarazin, Cindy Moore, Martha Hanscom, Desiree Saunders,
Bobbi Thorpe, Libby Harlin as recorder.
- Special Guest – Brian Greene
- Changes or additions to the agenda, approve agenda and minutes from last
meeting October 24th, 2007.
- No changes or additions to the agenda.
- Bobbi asked Beth to change the minutes from 2005 WYLD Database
guidelines to just WYLD Database Guidelines on the Linking/Cataloging Skills Checklist. Beth said she had changed it on the document and it will be changed in the minutes.
- Summary of results of survey regarding Article Linker
- 15 libraries responded to the survey. 1 library (Casper College Library) that
responded is opting out. Des will turn on Article Linker for all libraries as soon
as she finishes a Technote and sends out an email. She will then turn off Article
Linker for any libraries that do not want the service.
- Discuss the display of websites in WYLDCat (LC table of contents, publisher Descriptions, etc.)
- Discussion about the display of websites in WYLDCat, especially the 856
Field. Beth stated that she had started to delete these fields if no other libraries
were attached to the record and if the information was pertinent was putting it
into a 505 field which is searchable. Susan said she was doing the same. Beth
gave an example of a record where she provided a link to a partial ebook. After
discussion Beth and Susan said they would go ahead and leave the 856 fields
in the records.
- Update on status of revision of Database Guidelines
- Bobbi said after the authority processing project is complete she will complete
the revision of the Database Guidelines. Brian said it was possible that the
authority project could be started in 2 weeks and be finished by the 2nd week of
- No announcements.
- Susan wanted to think Albany County for loading records for the Wyoming
Marriage Health Initiative materials.
- Kristy discussed an email she had received regarding Interlibrary Loan and
WYLDCat. Des suggested that this topic was an ILL issue and not an issue
for the Online Quality Committee.
- Schedule next meeting
- meeting scheduled for Wednesday, January 16th, 2008, at 11:00 am.