online quality homepage
| network members homepage
Online Quality Committee
Wednesday, May 2nd, 2007, 10:00 am – 11:00 am
- Call to Order
- Roll call
- Absent – Mary Jane Jordan and Kay Carlson.
- Changes or additions to the agenda, approve agenda and minutes from last
meeting Feb. 28, 2007.
- Minutes from last meeting approved.
- Request from Carey Hartman, Laramie County Library System to add 3 new
location codes (First Floor, Second Floor, Third Floor).
- Carey was not able to attend meeting, Laura Block spoke on behalf of Laramie
County Library. Laramie County Library system is building a new 3 level
facility and having the location codes of First Floor, Second Floor, and Third
Floor will make locating items easier for their patrons. Des noted we have
precedent with the Basement location and the additional location codes may
be useful for other libraries as well. Committee voted – request granted. Des
will work with Carey on exact wording and will implement location codes.
- Journal Linker & Serial Solutions
- Des discussed Journal linker and Serial Solutions. As of current these links
have been loaded on the Taz server for the academic libraries. Beth suggests
sending out a survey in the fall to poll libraries.
In the meantime Des will add this service
to any library that requests it, as some libraries have already shown an interest.
Libraries will have the choice to opt out, show 1, 2 or 3 of the links. Beth
asked the committee for discussion on whether they felt the service was useful.
Carol had concerns that placing journal articles on same page as WYLDCat
may cause some confusion, Stephen felt it was good to have serials linked in
but may cause patron confusion. The committee felt that the service is useful
but that the language is confusing.
- Information Items
- Beth stated she had received a letter from Lesley Boughton asking that the
committee reconsider the discussion of the 505 enhanced contents notes. Beth
will do some research and pick this up with the committee in the fall.
- Summary of Committee Decisions
- The committee agreed that the summary of the committee decisions was complete and accurate.
- Annual Report
- Beth will add a sentence thanking Martha Hanscom, the UW representative.
Beth will also add “UW & WYLD representatives” at the end of the report
submitted by the Online Quality Committee.
- Annual meeting in Torrington
- Bobbi, Des, Susan, Stephen and possibly Greg will attend the annual meeting
- Two committee members have terms ending this year
- After polling the committee, Mary Jayne Jordan will continue as the representative for Region 3.
- Carol Brown will continue as the representative for Region 6.
Next meeting - August
- Des announced that they are reviewing 2600 MARC Gale records from
Gale Literature Resource Center and are in the process of loading them on the
- Greg suggested for some great library tips to subscribe to “library link of the
- Beth will send out an email in August to schedule the next meeting.