online quality homepage
| network members homepage
Online Quality Committee
Wednesday, January 17th, 2007, 10:00 am Ė 11:00 am
- Call to Order
- Roll call
- Greg Ebare was absent.
- Changes or additions to the agenda, approve agenda and minutes from last
meeting, December 14, 2006
- Agenda and minutes approved..
- Serials update
- Bobbi stated Marc will run a report with the titles of each serial that has more then 60 items attached, he will run this report more regularly.
- Duplicate bib records
- Beth stated she has talked with Susan Simpson, chair of the training committee but they havenít met yet. She will bring it up as training for the annual WYLD meeting.
- Item record merge
- CSPC and NWC and have expressed concern over merging the 2HRINLIB description with 2HRLOAN. All other libraries polled are
ok with the merge. Beth will contact the affected libraries about changing the description to reflect the 2 hour in library use..
- Gale MARC records
- Des stated that the community colleges want MARC records for the
Gale records they purchased. Gale format included individual MARC
records for each volume of a multi-volume set. Des and Bobbi are
working on adding 856ís to the records as an additional access point
and suggest libraries add MARC holdings statements.
- Unicorn software upgrade
- Des stated there were some problems with the upgrade, a problem with
keyword/author index searching as Sirsi made a custom change that
would include subfield r in the 505. Bobbi stated that it is pulling the
subfield r from non enhanced 505ís as well. There are also problems
with searching more than one library if you change from keyword to
exact it no longer honors search group library and changes to all
- New business
- At the next meeting the 245 subfield n will be addressed.
- Karling Abernathy has resigned and nominated Kay Carlson to take her
place on the committee. Dale Collum approved the change.
- Schedule next meeting
- The next meeting will be Wednesday, February 28th, at 10:00 am.