online quality homepage
| network members homepage
Online Quality Committee
Thursday, December 14th, 2006, 10:00 am. Ė 11:00 am.
- Call to Order
- Roll call
- Mary Jane was not present. Des and Bobbi represented WSL/WYLD.
- Changes or additions to the agenda
- Des asked the committee to readdress the 505 discussion from the last
- Lesley had asked that the 505 discussion be readdressed. The committee
voted to leave the decision from the last meeting stand.
- Discussion about serials and what the committee wants to accomplish and how
to accomplish it. Bobbi stated the problem is still the number of barcoded
issues that are being retained. Enforcement is a problem. Bobbi will talk to
Marc about running a report of the libraries that have more than 60 issues.
- eAudiobooks service
- The eAudiobooks have been loaded. Beth had some concerns over the way the
library search groups donít work well with browse searching. Des said she
hasnít had any other complaints about the service. Susan expressed concern
over the indexing and Des stated that after the keyword index rebuild that
happens the first Saturday of every month that the records would fall back
into reverse chronological order.
- User activity log results
- Stephen discussed the user activity logs and that they are a useful resource for
looking at how patrons use the catalog. Beth stated the user activity logs could
be useful as a collection development tool as well.
- Duplicate bib records
- Bobbi stated that she is still finding duplicate records on a daily basis,
the Baker & Taylor AV records are particularly problematic because the
catalog number on those appears in the 020 as an ISBN and that becomes
the title control number, when another library brings in a record from
OCLC they donít match and it causes a duplicate record. Discussion about
further acquisition training ensued. Beth will bring the issue to the next
training committee to see if it can be addressed at the next annual WYLD
meeting. Beth will bring a report back to the committee at the next meeting.
- New business
- Des suggested the committee discuss the Gale MARC records for eAudiobooks at the next meeting.
- Des informed the committee that Marc will be upgrading the Unicorn software
to GL3.1 over New Yearís weekend. When users log in for the first time after
New Yearís weekend they will be prompted to update their Workflows client
and at that point WYLD will be encouraging libraries to download and test the
- Schedule next meeting
- Next meeting will be Wednesday, January 17th, at 10:00 am.