ONLINE QUALITY COMMITTEE REPORT
WYLD ANNUAL MEETING
May 31 – June 1, 2007
The committee has decided to postpone revising the Database Guidelines until the upgrade to the Java Client or possibly the Rome Platform is performed. The postponement is due to the fact that screen sheets will change. Any comments on the guidelines or any other online quality issue are always welcome and can be sent to the committee distribution list at email@example.com.
The Online Quality Committee met eight times by conference call in 2006-2007. The committee reviewed locations and item types that were brought to its attention as well as other quality issues.
The issues the committee looked into were:
- Added a new Staff location that can be shadowed.
- Reviewed merging selected AV Juvenile item types.
- Reviewed a request to restrict the use of enhanced contents notes.
- Suggested adding ebook MARC records into WYLD that were purchased by the academic libraries.
- Suggested periodically running a report of the libraries that have more than 60 issues attached to periodical titles.
- Merged item types of "2HRINLIB" and "2HRLOAN".
- Discussed loading records into WYLD from the eAudiobooks service.
- Discussed problems associated with duplicate records.
- Added three new locations: First Floor, Second Floor, Third Floor
A summary of the committee’s decisions is available at http://will.state.wy.us/wyld/network/committees/quality/decisions.cfm Members can request changes in locations or item types at http://will.state.wy.us/wyld/docs/locrequest.html
The committee thanks those who responded to surveys, asked questions, and comments on proposals for their help with its work this year. Thanks to the WYLD staff who educated and helped us this year. Thanks to Martha Hanscom, the UW Representative for her invaluable assistance this year. The committee also wishes to thank Libby Harlin, Casper College for her contribution in recording the minutes of the meetings.
The Online Quality Committee
Region I- Greg Ebare, firstname.lastname@example.org
Region II- Karling Abernathy, email@example.com & Kay Carlson (2008) kayC@bbhc.org
Region III- Mary Jayne Jordan (2007) , firstname.lastname@example.org
Region IV- Susan Stanton (2009), email@example.com
Region V- Stephen Sarazin (2008), firstname.lastname@example.org
Region VI-Carol Brown (2007), email@example.com
Beth Floyd, Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
UW Liaison - Martha Hanscom - email@example.com
WSL Liaison - Desiree Saunders - firstname.lastname@example.org
WSL Liaison - Bobbi Thorpe - email@example.com