indexing committee page |
online quality page
Ad hoc Indexing Subcommittee
Meeting started at 11:00am.
- Present: Sukey Hohl, chair; Margaret Brenneman; Beth Floyd; Susan Stanton; Bobbi Thorpe; Desiree Saunders
- Absent: Stella Terrazas
Beth volunteered to be the recorder.
Addition to the minutes: Approve minutes of last meeting
The agenda was approved with the addition of the item "Approve minutes."
Minutes of last meeting were approved.
Update on Fields discussed at last meeting
- 212 (Variant title) - Bobbi informed the committee that there are 309 occurrences of this field in the database and this field will be converted to the 246 field during the authority processing project.
- 245 (Title) - The suggestion was to include subfields p and n in a browse index. Des spoke with a representative from SIRSI at the SuperConference and was told that this was a display problem not an indexing problem. Des was also told in order to change this feature we would have to go through the enhancement process. Beth indicated an interest in pursuing this process and will work up a statement asking for this change.
- 490 (Series note not traced) - Beth understands that the indexing and displaying of this field is controlled by the series authority record and not the bibliographic record. Any discrepancies should be fixed with the authority control project.
- 505 subfield r (Contents note) - Reminder that this field will be author keyword indexed and general keyword indexed, not indexed in an author browse search.
Sukey announced that this ends the responsibility of the indexing committee and that all suggestions will be forwarded to the Online Quality Committee.
Meeting adjourned at 11:15am.