Data collection for the FY12 Wyoming Public Library Annual Report is now open through Oct. 31. (See prior years' reports here.)
Please log in to Bibliostat Collect to enter your report. Your login information will be sent to you by email. You may contact Susan Mark by email or at 307-777-5915 to ask that it be sent again.
Public Library Statistics Cooperative (PLSC) data element definitions
Changes to the FY12 survey
Directors Station Reports
- Mill levy information has been dropped, as that is collected in the annual budget survey. Please report all county income on line 13a, including mill funds
- "Other" income has been collapsed. We are no longer asking for you to split out fines, fees, interest, etc. If it is not federal, state or local income, please report it in one lump sum as "Other" on line 16
- A pre-filled line has been added for Freading titles. 3M Cloud eBook was not added until July, so those titles are not counted in the FY12 report. If you purchase additional eBooks locally, please enter those on line 28b Other eBooks
- A minor change to the wording -- question 47 now refers to computer "uses," not "users." This data element definition has always actually counted uses, so this is merely a language clarification.
July 1 2012 reports (XLS) from Directors Station on holdings, circulation and patron counts for FY12 that may be helpful in completing the annual report.
To run additional reports, log into Directors Station. Assistance and password information is available from the WYLD office.
Please direct questions to Susan Mark, Wyoming State Library statistics librarian, email@example.com, 307-777-5915. Questions and answers may be posted here as they are received.
- Please do not change any pre-filled fields. If you believe one of these numbers is not correct, please contact Susan Mark, firstname.lastname@example.org, 307-777-5915.
- Circulation should be reported only for items that leave the building, not in-library use. For this reason, in the spreadsheet provided, Use Item has been subtracted from total and children's circulation. Please use the green-shaded column for your circulation through WYLD. If you have additional circulation that you track but that does not go through WYLD, please add that to this total.
- For this report, we want actual dollars received and spent for the year. On operating income, regardless of how these may be accounted for in your official budget, do not report:
- Any pass-through funds, such as Library Endowment Challenge Payments that go to your Foundation.
- The value of any in-kind donations of goods or services
- Funds for capital projects, such as building additions (see definition) Capital revenue is reported separately, by source of funding, under quesetion 20.
- Carryover funds
- Report funding by its original source. Eg.: if it's a federal grant, and your county distributes it to you, it is still considered federal funding.
- Capital revenue and capital expenditures do not need to match
- Employee benefits include payroll taxes paid by the library, not just health insurance, retirement, etc.