Number 7 and 8
Outrider home page
P3M home page
WSL home page
- Doralyn Edwards has resigned from the University of Wyoming Libraries as head of library systems. She has accepted a position in the Systems Department at Montana State University. She will live in Bozeman where her fiancé lives; they will be married in the fall.
- Debra Adams is the new assistant director at the Teton County Library. She was the library’s circulation supervisor.
- The first-ever Wyoming Bookfest, “The Heart of the West . . . Soul of Wyoming,” will be held Oct. 26-27, 2001, at the Best Western Hitching Post Inn Resort & Conference Center, Cheyenne.
Festivities will begin late afternoon on Friday, Oct. 26, with a “Hitch” hosted reception and will continue from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 27.
A wide-variety of special interest panels, signings, readings, demonstrations and related activities will be offered. All events are designed to attract and entertain all ages of the general public.
For more information, please contact Larry K. Brown, 209 E. Iowa, Cheyenne, WY 82009, 307/637-5248; or firstname.lastname@example.org. Writers interested in being part of the Wyoming Bookfest 2001 are encouraged to contact Brown.
- The photography exhibit Dancing Waters: The Lakes, Streams and Waterfalls of Yellowstone by Lee Silliman is on display at the Teton County Library exhibit gallery until Sept. 30. For more information, visit http://will.state.wy.us/teton/events/adult.htm<.
- The Weston County Library received a grant for $2,500 from the McMurry Foundation. The grant is currently being used in the SPARK program to improve teen utilization of library services.
- The Wyoming Council for the Humanities awarded funds for 44 book discussion series —-a Council record — to 40 Wyoming communities. Twenty-six libraries, eight Friends of the Library, a library board and a library foundation will serve as host organizations. The program provides nonprofit sponsors with books for discussion and scholars to serve as discussion leaders.
- Are you a new school librarian? The Wyoming State Library’s Library Development office has prepared a packet containing helpful information including a list of core readings on school librarianship, WSL 800-number and contacts, licensed databases, WYLD CAT access and central acquisitions. Contact Chris Van Burgh, 307/777-3642, or Jerry Krois, 307/777-6496, email@example.com.
- The continuing education newsletter, Coming Attractions, will be temporarily suspended because of the retirement of Judy Yeo. Please check the continuing education calendar for events at http://will.state.wy.us:5630/wslce. Direct your questions or comments to Van Burgh or Krois.
- The Fremont County Library received an overdue book — 56 years overdue, that is.
“Dead or Alive” by Max Brand made it back to the library on June 28, 2001 after Wally McDaniel bought it at an estate sale.
The book’s last due date was May 20, 1945.
Personnel-ly Speaking |
WSL: In the Spotlight |
Outrider home page |
P3M home page |
WSL home page |