Outrider home page
P3M home page
WSL home page
- Sheila Doyle, Fremont County Library System director, has resigned. Ada Howard, former Fremont County Library director, will assist the library system as a contract employee until a new director is found.
- Kristina Johnson is the new children’s librarian at Platte County Public Library.
- Rod Knudson, former Hulett librarian, was honored with the “Award Award” at the Wyoming Library Association conference for his dedication and service to the library profession. Knudson worked at the Hulett Library for 26 years.
- Sharon Mikesell has been promoted to the newly created position of branch assistant manager with the Laramie County Library System. The position oversees the daily operations of the Burns and Pine Bluffs branch libraries, in addition to enhancing events and opportunities for patrons in eastern Laramie County. Mikesell has been an employee of the LCLS for 10 years.
- An article by Bill Nelson, Natrona County Public Library director, was featured in the November 2001 issue of Today’s Librarian. The article, “Masterpiece Partnership,” discusses the annual art show held at the NCPL displaying artwork from Natrona County public elementary schools.
- For four days and $2, patrons can check out Playstation games at the Laramie County Library. Playstation 1 and 2 games have been added to the existing video game collection, which dates back to 1990. The library also offers VHS and DVD videos and CDs for check out. Playstation games are provided through the Laramie County Library Foundation.
- The Washakie County Library has available cookbooks featuring recipes from county library patrons. “Book for Cooks” includes homestyle recipes of gourmet quality and also includes artwork from artists in Worland and Ten Sleep. For more information or to purchase the cookbook, contact the main library at 307/347-2231 or the Ten Sleep Branch at 307/366-2348.
- Big Piney Friends of the Library and several volunteers have assembled the Big Piney & Marbleton Community P.O. Box Book. The book contains more than 650 names of residents and businesses, and their corresponding post office box numbers. The booklets are $5 and may be purchased at the Big Piney Library, P.O. Box 768, Big Piney, WY 83113. More information is available by calling the Big Piney Branch Library at 307/276-3515.
- The Sheridan County Fulmer Public Library benefited from the Friends of the Library Auction that raised nearly $43,000. Approximately 550 people attended the event and 352 people bid in the silent and live auctions.
- The Laramie County Library Foundation received a $6,000 grant from the McMurry Library Endowment Fund, managed by the Wyoming Community Foundation. The library purchased a high definition LCD projector for its Technology Enhancement Program.
- The Fremont County Library Foundation is looking for patrons to help its endowment fund. If $13,000 is raised from local and corporate donors by next May, a total of $60,000 will be put into the endowment fund. The funds will come from a challenge grant from the Pforzheimer Foundation of New York City.
- The Dubois Library has received a $20,000 donation from the Miller Family Foundation in the name of Nancy Kay Miller.
Outrider home page |
P3M home page |
WSL home page |