Guide to OpenBiblio
PLEASE NOTE: I am not a programmer, nor am I proficient in these programs. This guide was prepared using several online sources that I found, plus some tinkering and some personal contacts with better PHP and SQL knkowledge than I have. Please check the instructions with your technical staff, particularly where it calls for altering the php.ini configuration file.
This page will be updated as new information becomes available. Please send updates, suggestions and corrections to Susan Mark.
- OpenBiblio training webinar (01/14/2010, 50 minutes)
- 00:00 Start
- 03:50 About OpenBiblio / introduction to installing
- 04:50 Install (using EasyPHP)
- 18:00 Login, Admin, introduction to other tabs
- 20:15 MARC records
- 23:30 Cataloging - Import MARC records from Library of Congress and book vendors
- 40:00 Circulation - New Members, Checkout
- 44:00 Reports - Adding new reports
- 46:45 Backups
- OpenBiblio installation instructions
- Download EasyPHP 5.3.2i (.exe file)
- Download OpenBiblio 0.6.1 (.zip file)
- OpenBiblio Basics: A guide to getting started
- Additional resources
Questions or comments may be addressed to:
Wyoming State Library
2800 Central Ave.
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Contact information for other Wyoming State Library staff is available